Saturday, January 23, 2010

Response to Iggy targeting young people for support.

Young people today are being moulded and marshalled by the left from the moment they enter the school system. My grade six daughter has been subjected to politically motivated thought control campaigns every year she has been in the public system. I try my best to offer alternative explanations for the present state of the human condition, but against the relentless numinous agenda it is a losing battle.


The left has succeeded in removing context from lives of young people. They no longer learn the basics of Western culture or the important figures that have contributed to our way of life. Instead articles of faith are used to break their will to think. They are told that their way of life, while wonderful, has been built on the exploitation of other cultures, of the environment, of the poor, and they must atone.

I asked my daughter to identify any of the great explorers that opened up our country – she could not. I asked her to name any of the wars that our country fought – she could not. I asked her to name any of the political leaders who would qualify as the Fathers of Confederation – she could not. In frustration my next question was ‘what do they teach you at school?’

My daughters answer sent a shiver down my spine. The people she had learned about were all social activists. The culture of a mythical aboriginal nation was taught in minute detail. The tenets of recycling, anti-bullying, diversity, and avoiding “dangerous activities” could be recited verbatim. The Western concept of Reason had been replaced with a mysticism that I thought could only be found in a rabbit hole. I learned that her school was visited regularly by environmentalists and social councillors, but rarely by the heroes that build and defend Canada. (An anti-war themed Remembrance Day visit by veterans gave no arguments for a just war) The last straw for me came when my daughter described a field trip to a provincial park that housed an idyllic Indian village complete with professional Indians. With a straight face she was told that she must live in harmony with nature and that it was a legitimate activity to talk to plants. Oh boy!

So now you can see why the Liberals would get a royal welcome from their young troops. They created a Moonie culture within our schools when we were not looking and now they expect to collect the benefits.

No comments: